hass.io: configuration validation

A very handy tool to test my code for syntax errors is the Configuration Validation that is built into hass.io. It can be found through hass.io web interface > hass.io > Server Controls > Check Config.

The first time I was looking for the Server Controls menu I could not find it because I had not enabled Advanced Mode of hass.io. I finally found that I had to enable Advanced Mode by clicking my name below Notifications in the left menu and then flip the switch to enable Advanced Mode.

The Configuration Tool check my code for syntax errors and points them out for me to correct. When I have done changes to any files I run the check to see that I got it all right before I reboot and apply my changes. A syntax error can actually prevent the system from booting properly and it takes quite some effort for me to get the web interface back online if I end up in that situation.

Figure 1. I always run Configuration Validation before reboot to avoid problems.

Please let me know in the comments field if you have any questions or comments.

Comments